About the FRIENDS
Who are the FRIENDS?
The FRIENDS are members of a non-profit 501(c) 3 volunteer organization dedicated to the support and promotion of the Davenport Public Library. FRIENDS members are people just like you supporting the mission to provide free and equal access to information to all Davenport residents.
What do FRIENDS do?
- Raise funds for programs, materials, and services the library could not otherwise afford, such as the Summer Reading Program and Preschool Story Times.
- Arouse community interest and focus attention on the library
- Serve as a link between the library and the community
- Stimulate gifts of books, magazines, as well as monetary donations
- Organize and conduct book and recycled magazine sales
- Coordinate volunteers who staff the FRIENDS bookstores
- Coordinate fundraising galas and special events
Why be a FRIEND?
- You are helping the Library acquire important books and other materials beyond its budget.
- You will receive the Library's Imagine newsletter in the mail.
- You may share your talents for an event or on a continuing basis.
- You are able to participate in FRIENDS' activities and events.