Support Your Library
The Davenport Public Library needs and welcomes your support to maintain and grow the margin of excellence offered at the Library. A tough economy has caused us to find new ways to stretch our funds. Please join others who have committed to securing a strong future for Davenport by funding relevant and innovative services that only the Library can offer.
Join the FRIENDS
The FRIENDS of the Davenport Public Library serve as the Library’s Foundation and provide essential support for Library materials, projects, and programs. The FRIENDS operate bookstores at both the Fairmount Branch and the Eastern Branch, and also work on special fundraising events and projects. An annual membership is a great way to become a supporter of the Davenport Public Library.
Make a Contribution
In a period of budget cuts at all levels of government, the Library relies more and more on monetary donations to accomplish its mission to provide free and equal access to information to all Davenport residents. Your gift – large or small – will have a big impact on the services and programs the Library is able to provide. Some ways to give to the Library include:
- A monetary donation designated to support the program area of your choice – Youth Services, Adult Services, Special Collections, etc.
- An unrestricted monetary gift to support the Library as a whole.
- A memorial gift in memory of a friend or loved one. If such a gift is designated for the purchase of books, a memorial bookplate will be placed in each item.
- Planned giving – includes gifts to Davenport Public Library through your will or living trust, your pension or IRA, a life insurance policy, gifts of real estate or other appreciated assets, or an endowment or charitable trust.
- The FRIENDS gladly accept gently used books, magazines (current year only), DVDs, and audiobooks. Unfortunately, they cannot accept vinyl records, VHS tapes, cassettes, encyclopedias older than 15 years, or anything in bad condition.
- Donating to the FRIENDS annual fund using the button below.
No matter how you choose to give, your tax-deductible contribution helps advance library services, builds collections, and improves technology and facilities. Visit the Davenport Public Library web site to see how your donations are being used.